The legal doctrine of “Lex rei sitae” provides that the law of the country where immovable property (house or land) is situated governs the transfer of title to property.
· copies of the Grant of Probate and will, or the Grant of Letters of Administration,
· which must be certified as true copies by the issuing court, and
· a power of attorney of the executor/s or administrator/s appointed by the court.
Upon completion of the administration the administrator should file with the court:
· final accounts of his administration,
· a declaration by the foreign executor or administrator that the administration in Cyprus was carried out to their satisfaction.
For further information on Cyprus wills, succession, inheritance, administration of estates and probate laws see the website of Cyprus Probate Lawyers.
For further information relating to Cyprus wills, succession, administration of estates and probate laws in Cyprus contact us using [email protected]
Theodorou Law s a Cyprus law firm with Cyprus lawyers and other legal experts on legal matters involving Cyprus law, EU law and international law. The above should be used as a source of general information only. It is not intended to give a definitive statement of the law.